What Is A SLEA Grant?
- Timeline Of A SLEA Grant
- Applicants MUST read the terms of getting an SLEA Grant and apply online at SLEAGrants.com.
- The application is sent by the applicant.
- Applicant contacts Regi Yifu to inform SLEA they have applied. Upon the grant applicant contacting Regi Yifu, he will confirm: “SLEA has received their application”
- The SLEA Team is told of any new application emails each week at our weekly meeting and is given one month to review the applications and decide if a grant is not granted or will be granted. If we feel we need to see more from an applicant or some aspects are not clear to decide, more time might be needed.
- Applicants will find out 2 months prior to the launch date if they have received a grant for the next launch. Launches start in January and July.
- If a grant was not given but was marked in the application as "use for future grants" then it will be considered for a future launch.
- If a grant application is marked to not use after the next launch, the applicant will be informed they have not received a grant.
- If for some reason a grant artist is not capable of using their grant at the time that was assigned to them, they should inform their liaison or the SLEA coordinator. The grant will not be lost but can be reassigned to a later launch. We urge you to report this timely, so the land will not be left idle for too long.
SLEA is unique in that we are the only Linden Lab-backed and granted galleries and art venues in Second Life. The artistic spaces here are granted to qualifying individuals who would like to participate in promoting the arts through the resident artists here in Second Life. Keeping this in mind, you will need to have an understanding that this space is granted to you and it is intended that you use your time here to promote your work, your galleries, and your venues. You must follow the Linden Labs’ TOS.
This grant opportunity is open to all skill levels of artists to learn, share, and exhibit art created by the artists.
SLEA is based on a curative process that enables all artists the opportunity for a grant in some capacity. In the event specific grant requests by the artist cannot be guaranteed, an alternative may be presented. Contact Regi Yifu (secondlife:///app/agent/86761732-78d4-4bd6-8599-e09bad408684/about) with any questions.
We offer flexible time frames of 3-6 month Artist Grants. Full and half region grants get 6 months, and quarter regions get 3 months. You must have the installation completed 1/2 way through your time frame or we will pass the grant on to other waiting artists. We realize RL circumstances can happen at any time. Please give careful consideration to your realistic ability to complete your grant. Please commit to the best of your ability to follow through as we have a long list of willing artists.
Grant applications are accepted year-round.There are two launches per year. The duration of every SLEA Launch is always 6 months: • January through June • July through December FYI: Grant Artists that have full regions will be made Estate Manager so you can rename the region, restart the region, etc..
Once a grant has been granted it is your responsibility to: Create a Grant Poster for SLEA that must be 1200 x 628 pixels and have the official SLEA logo, a description of the build you want us to use for social media and the landmark for where you want people to arrive. Please send these in a folder to Regi Yifu. secondlife:///app/agent/86761732-78d4-4bd6-8599-e09bad408684/about Please add your grant name to the region, your poster to the region image and set your landing point. Format: Region Name: Grant Name i.e. "SLEA2: My Grant Name" If you have a full region, once your build is ready please add it to the SL Destination Guide. https://secondlife.com/my/forms/destinations.phpIf you don't have a full region then your SLEA Liaison will add you to the Destination Guide. Your works may not be sold here, but you may share links and landmarks to places where you may be commissioned or your art sold. Your Liaison is there to help you with your setup needs, and to relay information from SLEA to you. Keep in contact with your Liaison throughout your grant period.
Please plan on having at least one organized special event, for example, Grand Opening, Guest Musical Events, Performance, Activity, Class, etc.
Grant Artists MUST check the SLEA Calendar before you plan an event. Let us know at least 2 week in advance when you would like to have your event so your liaison can add it to the calendar. If the calendar is clear, your date will be added to the event calendar and we will send out notices to the SLEA group and social media. FYI: ONLY PERFORMERS i.e. DJ, HOST, or LIVE SINGERS can rez a tip jar. When you have events at SLEA, please add them to the SL Events calendar.https://secondlife.com/my/community/events/edit.php?lang=en-US
As a grant artist you can advertise your grant in the SLEA Group. Please sedn notices and invite people to come and see your work even when there is not an event happening. Good Luck!
Once you have submitted a grant application please contact REGI YIFU to let him know.secondlife:///app/agent/86761732-78d4-4bd6-8599-e09bad408684/about
Sky Gallery is for Photography Micro Grants for 2 months. Click here for more information on a Sky Gallery Micro Grant.
360° ArtWalk is for 3D Sculpture Micro Grants for 3 months. Click here for more information on 360° ArtWalk Micro Grant.